Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lost Tooth Collage

  What fun this week is joining May Arts with Petaloo.  Have you ever had one of those ah-ha moments?  Well, I did the other day, and I'm going to share it with you.  My youngest lost her first tooth so of course we need to make some memories of it.  I love the versatility of art canvas, but I've never thought to turn it around and use the back side until the other day when I had some things laying around and set them in the back side of the canvas.  So, here we go. 
I got thinking about fairies since when you lose a tooth who else visits but the tooth fairy.  What could be better suited for this than Graphic 45's Once Upon a Spring Time collection with an assortment of fairies,   some delicious embellishments from the lovely Petaloo, and gorgeous May Arts ribbon.

Supplies used include:  10X20, 4X4, 4X5 art canvas, 5X5 wooden frame, small open square and circular frames, acrylic paint, fluid chalk, distress ink, glue, hooks, Petaloo embellishments, 
and May Arts Ribbon...
Q71 1.5", UK32 1.5", 389-18-46 1/8", 372-1-06 1"
 First I cut a fairy to fit in the frame.  I then used fluid chalk and distress ink to color my frame.
 Next, I tore some of the scrapbook paper and used the distress ink to age it some.  I tore it at an angle as you can see above.
 I painted my art canvas pieces and on the bigger one I used the distress ink again around the edges.  On the smaller two I used glitter spray mist over my paint.  For the wooden M, I used some brown fluid chalk and then used the glitter spray mist to coat over it.  I embellished with flowers and ribbon and glued every thing in place.

 Here are a few close up views.  It's a little hard to see but I trimmed the small oval and square frame with the 1/8" velvet ribbon.  I also put ribbon over the scrapbook paper, under the picture on the 4X5 canvas.
 A close up of the wooden M.  No paint, just fluid chalk and glitter spray mist.
I love how it turned out.  My thoughts are to possibly add wooden flowers underneath with pictures as she loses her other baby teeth.  We shall see.

I hope you enjoy this tutorial and it inspires you to think backwards at times!  Wink, wink!!

Ta-ta!  Andrea
Project made for http://www.mayarts.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment